How It Will Work
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY
Each day there will be a new topic posted here with a short assignment, quiz or discussion point for all players to complete. These assignments are mandatory for players and should be completed each day. The assignments build on each other, so please don’t fall behind. Your progress will be tracked.
There will also be a new workout posted to the TeamBuildr App. You will be expected to complete this workout every day and mark it completed in TeamBuildr. Rest and fun days will be included in the workout schedule. Initially, these workouts will be very simple. As we work through the training camp, they will become progressively more challenging.
There also will be in-person team dryland training sessions as well as on-ice activities. See the Team RAMP schedule for dates, times and locations.
We’ll be covering a lot!
Here is just a sampling of what we’re going to cover.
- The Secrets of Success
- The importance of a positive attitude
- Developing the ability to highly energized and motivated when it matters most
- Making it FUN!
- The Process – Developing Your Success Game Plan
- Setting goals – Outcome vs. Process goals
- The secret to continual improvement
- How to develop the habits that ensure your success
- Setting Your Priorities
- School comes first! You can’t be a student athlete without being a good student.
- Family and friends
- Other sports and hobbies
- Finding a higher purpose
- Hockey Skills, Tactics and Strategies
- The skills that differentiate elite players
- Lot’s of new and cool stuff here
- Off-Ice Training
- The most important exercises
- Leveling up – How to continually be challenging yourself
- Improving speed, strength and power
- The importance of cardio
- Testing yourself – RBC Training Ground
- Developing Your Skills
- The secrets to scoring more goals
- Developing deception and misdirection in your stickhandling
- Adding power to your shooting
- Developing a quick release
- Taking it from dryland to the ice
- The 7 Commandments of Nutrition for Athletes
- The importance of nutrition
- What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Pre- and post- and in-game meals and nutrition
- What to drink and what not to drink
- When to drink
- Sleep, Rest and Recovery
- Why consistent sleep is so important
- The secrets to getting a good night’s sleep
- Rest and recovery
- Injury prevention and recovery
- How to avoid injuries
- The difference between aches and pains and real injuries
- Modifying your training when injured
- Mental Preparation
- Building mental resilience
- Changing the channel
- Staying focused
- Preparing for Your Future
- How to choose a school and hockey program
- Contacting coaches
- Preparing your Athletic Profile
- Finding time for everything
- First things first!
- Managing your schedule
It’s going to be a ton of fun. Tomorrow we’ll dive right in.
Today, we’ll just be taking care of administrative details. Please share this list with your parents… they should be able to access all of these things as well.
- Make sure that you are able to get into the team WhatsApp group. I’ll be posting information into this group daily for the entire season.
- Make sure that you are able to access the Team RAMP calendar. You should have been emailed an invitation to access it. Our entire schedule will be posted here. All players are expected to RSVP for all games, practices and events as far in advance as possible (at least a few weeks). This helps the coaches properly prepare. At this point, it is no longer required that players complete the health check questionnaire. However, if you are sick please use your best judgement and stay home.
- Make sure that you are able to access the daily TeamBuildr workouts and are receiving the daily TeamBuildr email reminders.
- Please post a thumbs up in the team WhatsApp group for EACH of the points above. Hopefully, you’ll have 👍👍👍. If not, please let me know what you are having trouble with so that we can get it corrected.