- Please keep me up to date on what your plans for sports are in the summer (Soccer, Lacrosse, Spring Hockey, etc.).
- At this point, the plan is to have a regularly scheduled practice and dryland session late Sunday afternoons for July and August. I'll let you know as soon as we have the ice confirmed.
- I will be providing a daily dryland training program for players to do on their own. Player participation will be tracked.
- Beyond that, I'd like to see everyone on the team on the ice at LEAST once per week throughout the summer playing against the highest level competition. I'd also recommend power skating sessions for everyone.
Summer Training Opportunities
Mak’s/PHLA Summer League (Elite Division)
We already have players from our team registered in this league. Wednesdays (and the odd Thursday) 7:30pm or 8:30pm May 24th to August 2nd Harry Howell and the Mohawk Quad. Cost $300 Elite Division is for Pro, NCAA, CIS, Junior and U18AA players only. http://phlaleagues.ca/page.php?page_id=69643
University of Waterloo Women’s Elite 4-on-4 Summer Hockey League
DATES: Thursdays starting May 11 to Aug 10 6:00 p.m - 10:30 p.m at Columbia Ice Fields (CIF) Cost: $260 This is an excellent league for U18AA and up players. Many junior and college players participate including my daughter. https://athletics.uwaterloo.ca/sports/summer-camps/schedule/2022-23
University of Waterloo Women’s Elite 3-on-3 One-Day Tournaments
DATES: Saturday June 3rd and Saturday August 19th 8:00am-6:00pm at Columbia Ice Fields (CIF) Cost: $65 / date https://athletics.uwaterloo.ca/sports/summer-camps/schedule/2022-23
University of Waterloo Women’s Hockey Prospect’s Days
May 27 and June 24 at Columbia Ice Fields (CIF) Different sessions for different age groups and positions. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Cost: $205.00 Information Sessions, Campus Tours, On Ice Skills, Drills and Game Play Please contact Dollee Meigs if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Waterloo Female Elite Skills Nights
August 14-18 at Columbia Ice Fields (CIF) Register for the Age 16+ group if possible. Cost $155 https://athletics.uwaterloo.ca/sports/summer-camps/schedule/2022-23
University of Guelph Women's Hockey Showcase Days
June 3rd and June 10th.
- 2 ice times (instructed by the University of Guelph coaches)
- Campus Tour
Contact: Katie Mora, Associate Coach - Women's Hockey, University of Guelph, (519) 820-3597
University of New Brunswick Prospect Camp
2023 OWHA U16 High Performance Program
- The OWHA U16 High Performance Preliminary Identification/Tryout Camps are open for athletes born in the years 2008 - 2009 ONLY!
- If you believe you may qualify as a potential team member for one of the May 2023 camps, we encourage you to apply for the OWHA U16 High Performance Preliminary Identification/Tryout camps.
- Deadline is March 15, 2023