This is the 29th day of our team’s virtual mid-season training camp. Each day there will be a short assignment for you to do to continue your development. These assignments are mandatory for players and coaches. Parents are also encouraged to participate.
With the lockdown being extended, we’re in to extra training camp days as well.
Today, the last webinar of the Canada’s National Women’s Team Pond to Podium Development Series – Core Values of Leadership.
Presenter: Gina Kingsbury
- Director of women’s national teams with Hockey Canada.
- Played for Canada’s National Women’s Team from 2001 to 2010, winning gold medals at the Olympic Winter Games (2006, 2010) and IIHF World Women’s Championship (2001, 2004, 2007).
- Ran the women’s hockey program at the Okanagan Hockey Academy from 2010 to 2014.
- Was an assistant coach with the Calgary Inferno (CWHL) from 2015 to 2018, winning the Clarkson Cup in 2016.
- Played for St. Lawrence University from 2000 to 2004, earning Second Team All-American honours in 2003-04 and reaching the NCAA Frozen Four in 2001 and 2004; she was inducted into the St. Lawrence Hall of Fame in 2015.
- Complete today’s workout on the TeamBuildr app. Be sure to mark each exercise complete as you finish it.
- After you watch it, post something you enjoyed from the webinar to the team WhatsApp group.