This is the 21st day of our team’s virtual mid-season training camp. Each day for 28 days, there will be a short assignment for you to do to continue your development. These assignments are mandatory for players and coaches. Parents are also encouraged to participate.
This follow along workout is part of the Hockey Canada Pond to Podium Development Series featuring Canada’s National Women’s Team athletes and staff.
What you’ll need for this session:
- A large ball (soccer ball, basketball, etc.)
- An object such as foam roller, softball, baseball, lacrosse ball, metal water bottle, soup can, etc.
- A hockey stick
- A towel
- Dumbbells or anything around the house with a little bit of weight (backpack with books/cans, laundry detergent jug, etc.).
- Space! Try to have five metres around you.
Presenter: Vicki Bendus
- Lead sport performance coach at Brock University (hockey and soccer).
- Lead strength and conditioning coach with Canada’s National Women’s Program (National Women’s Team, National Women’s Development Team, National Women’s Under-18 Team) since 2017.
- Played for Canada’s National Women’s Team from 2010 to 2014, winning a gold medal at the 2012 IIHF Women’s World Championship.
- Played for Mercyhurst University from 2007 to 2011, earning First Team All-American honours and the Patty Kazmaier Award as NCAA women’s hockey player of the year in 2009-10.
- Join in with the workout.
- OR… Complete today’s workout on the TeamBuildr app. Be sure to mark each exercise complete as you finish it.
- Post the exercise you either enjoyed most or found most difficult to the team WhatsApp group.