This is the first day of our team’s virtual summer training camp. Each day for the next four weeks, there will be a short assignment for you to do to prepare for the upcoming season. These assignments are mandatory for players and coaches. Parents are also encouraged to participate.
How It Will Work
Each day there will be a new workout posted to the TeamBuildr App. You will be expected to complete this workout every day. Rest and fun days will be included in the workout schedule. Initially, these workouts will look very familiar. As we work through the training camp, they will become progressively different and more challenging.
There will also be a new topic posted here each day. Each day there will be a short assignment, quiz or discussion point for all players to complete.
We’ll be covering a lot of ground.
- The Secrets of Success
- The importance of a positive attitude
- Developing the ability to highly energized and motivated when it matters most
- The Process – Developing Your Success Game Plan
- Setting goals – Outcome vs. Process goals
- The secret to continual improvement
- How to develop the habits that ensure your success
- Setting Your Priorities
- School comes first! You can’t be a student athlete without being a good student.
- The first question that university coaches will ask you
- Family and friends
- Other sports and hobbies
- Finding a higher purpose (Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup)
- Off-Ice Training
- The most important exercises
- Leveling up – How to continually be challenging yourself
- Improving speed, strength and power
- The importance of cardio
- Testing yourself – RBC Training Ground
- Developing Your Skills
- The secrets to scoring more goals
- Developing deception and misdirection in your stickhandling
- Adding power to your shooting
- Developing a quick release
- Taking it from dryland to the ice
- The 7 Commandments of Nutrition for Athletes
- The importance of nutrition
- What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Pre- and post- and in-game meals and nutrition
- What to drink and what not to drink
- When to drink
- Sleep, Rest and Recovery
- Why consistent sleep is so important
- The secrets to getting a good night’s sleep
- Rest and recovery
- Injury prevention and recovery
- How to avoid injuries
- The difference between aches and pains and real injuries
- Modifying your training when injured
- Mental Preparation
- Building mental resilience
- Changing the channel
- Staying focused
- Finding time for everything
- First things first!
- Managing your schedule
It’s going to be a ton of fun. Tomorrow we’ll dive right in.
Yes, there will be a test on this stuff. Save your answers.
- Complete today’s workout on the TeamBuildr app. Be sure to mark each exercise complete as you finish it. For now, these exercises will all be familiar. As we move through this training camp I’ll be adding new exercises and showing ways to increase the difficulty and applicability to your game.
IMPORTANT: If you have other sports, camps or are doing a different workout that you’d like to substitute on any given day that is okay. Please make a quick note of what you did that day under the ALTERNATE Workout in TeamBuildr. It is still important to complete the stickhandling and shooting every day that it is scheduled. But it is okay to move it to another day of the week when you aren’t quite as busy. Even when you’re on vacation, you should still be trying to find time to get in your workout.
- Take a look at the topics for the training camp above. Post the topic that most interests you to the team WhatsApp group.